Skip to main content

Ask the Knight

Find what you need in our searchable FAQ.

Transfer Center: How many college units should I complete before transferring?

342 views   |   1 Vote this question as useful.   0 Vote this question as not useful.   |   Last updated on Nov 07, 2016   


It depends on the university that you plan on transferring to.  All California public universities ask that you complete 60 transferrable semester units prior to transferring.  Out-of-state and private universities vary in the number of units you need to complete prior to transferring.  Often, out-of-state and private universities allow you to transfer with fewer than 60 transferrable semester units prior to transferring.